Re: [ecasound] The recording process.

Subject: Re: [ecasound] The recording process.
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 00:39:51 EEST

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, P Shirkey wrote:

> Are you able to fill me in on the process ecasound uses to record from
> dev/dsp to the hard disk?

Shortly put, you should be able to record with "ecasound -i /dev/dsp -o
somefile.wav". If that doesn't work, something is wrong.

> I have also encountered problems with getting ecasound to record. At
> the moment it fills up space but it seems like it either records
> nothing or it records with no volume.

Have you checked your mixer settings (line-in/mic-in enabled, volume
levels, input gain, etc)? How about other apps? Does recording work with
them? Can you give as concrete examples of what you've been trying to do
(command-line parameters you've used, etc)?

> I have noticed that mulitrack is not available when I run cs-status.
> Is there anyway to remedy that easily.

Hmm, this really shouldn't happen. Ecasound cli interpreter runs in a
separate thread and thus doesn't directly affect the processing side.

Btw; does playback work without problems?

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .
 . audio software for linux .. http://www.eca.cx 		 .