[ecasound] Why don't ecasound include a distrortion effect?

Subject: [ecasound] Why don't ecasound include a distrortion effect?
From: Lorenzo Lucchini (ljlbox@tin.it)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 14:13:11 EEST

Hello,
    I'm new here (read: "lamer" ;). I was wandering why in ecasound there isn't a distortion/overdrive effect. ecasound is really a wonder for me, it allows me to do 4-track recording with (really) real-time effects having just a pair of Sound Blaster cards. But without distortion, I can't use it to its maximum when I use it to record or play my guitar. Anyone knows wether a distortion effect is planned for some version of ecasound, or has anyone made some hacking to the source in order to implement it?
Thanks

LjL
ljlbox@tin.it