Re: [ecasound] current CVS version is broken?

Subject: Re: [ecasound] current CVS version is broken?
From: Jeremy Hall (jhall@uu.net)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 05:29:13 EEST

Hi,

Are you telling me that ALSA 0.5.8 works fine, but alsa CVS_CURRENT does
not?

If so, the CVS tree made some changes to ALSA AFTER Kai updated
audioio-alsa3, making some parts of ecasound code not work.

I am going to send him patches just as soon as I am certain they
work. The ES SOLO driver is acting very flakey, and I haven't tried the
other machine, it is my main encoder. Pongo USED to be my ALSA play
machine, but we all know what happened to THAT. (poor pongo)

If I continue to have no joy with the ES SOLO driver, I will switch the
encoder to using new ALSA and the EMS-1370.

hmmm I might be able to get marmaduke working, but it doesn't support
pthreads very well.

hmm I'll think of something.

_J