[ecasound] -a:<...> command freezing... tracking down prob.

Subject: [ecasound] -a:<...> command freezing... tracking down prob.
From: Jon Guerin (jguerin@home.com)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 21:46:01 EEST

    I've mentioned a few times before that I was having a problem
running chains that used the -a:<name> command. After ecasound starts,
it freezes after displaying the ecasound banner. This is what happens
when I use ecasound-1.7.x. I tried installing previous versions, they
all worked fine, up to 1.6.12. 1.6.12 worked too, but as soon as
I switched up to 1.7.x, the problem started happening. Were there any
large changes in the source for the 'adding chains' section? Running the
debug, it looks like everything worked fine until ... "(eca-chainsetup)
Interpreting setup, with args "-a:setup", "" ". After that line,
ecasound starts to snooze. I'm going to look at the source later today
and see if I can't figure it out myself (I hate that : ), no -linux-
programming experience...). Perhaps one of you have found something to
fix this problem? Thanks.