Re: [ecasound] sourceforge and other things

Subject: Re: [ecasound] sourceforge and other things
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 03:26:09 EEST

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, imyourhandiman wrote:

> okay thank you...the file size is what worries me..i'm used to apps much
> larger BUT THEN i'm willing to try it...

Yep, ecasound isn't necessarily what you expect, but still, it does work
(I've been recording with it for a few years now). You should first check
"Examples" page (ecasound's web site). That should get you started.

> crossing my fingers it works with my turtlebeach card

If you are using OSS or ALSA, it'll work. If you are using OSS/Free
(sound drivers that come with the kernel) and having problems with
full-duplex (simultanious recording and playback), try ALSA or
OSS/Commercial drivers ... http://www.alsa-project.org and
http://www.opensound.com

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------- CS, University of Turku .