[ecasound] cloops, synchronization

Subject: [ecasound] cloops, synchronization
From: Petr Kristan (petr.kristan@epos.cz)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 15:02:44 EEST

Hi.

We were trying ecasound last week. We recorded first 4 mono tracks -
drums + guitar. Next basguitar and last singing.

First recorded tracks were drifted against next. Drift time depends
on buffer length. Why? Program can calculate diference from sample
rate and buffer size. Or there is another problem.

If we try only play one mono recorded track with ecasound, then there
were weakly audiable cloops. Cloop bursts were repeated with
frequency depended on buffer size. Then we try to play track with
sox's play and sound was ok. We tried older version 1.6 ecasound with
same manner.

HW/SW:
AMD-K6/333, 128MB, HDD IBM 20GB 7200RPM - DMA Enabled, 3xSBLive!
Linux 2.2.14 + LowLatency patch from
http://www.gardena.net/benno/linux/audio/
Latest Alsa drivers 0.5.6
ecasound 1.7.4d11