Re: [ecasound] nasty delay on adding effects

Subject: Re: [ecasound] nasty delay on adding effects
From: Kai Vehmanen (k@eca.cx)
Date: Sun Mar 26 2000 - 17:31:30 EEST

On Sat, 25 Mar 2000, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> But, but, one solution would be to add separate "online" versions
> of 'cop-add' and 'ctrl-add' commands. These would communicate
> directly with the engine and you could add effects almost on-the-fly.

I've now implemented these. You can add/remove effects and controllers
on-the-fly. There's still an audible pause (sound card is stopped),
but it's considerably faster than before. I'll update the CVS-tree.

--
Kai Vehmanen <k@eca.cx> ---------------------- CS, University of Turku
 . audio software for linux	http://www.eca.cx