[ecasound] GtkUI & misc. stuff

Subject: [ecasound] GtkUI & misc. stuff
From: Janne Halttunen (jhalttun@pp.htv.fi)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 17:55:48 EET

Hello,

    I've been putting together a Gtk-interface for ecasound, you can
take a look at a screenshot:

http://www.pp.htv.fi/jhalttun/gteca.jpg

    It is coded in python with James Henstridge's pygtk-bindings and
libglade. If anyone's interested in this kind of approach, mail me.
And on to the questions...

    I have AMD 200Mhz and GUSPnP soundcard with the latest
ALSA-drivers. I run ecasound (v1.6.9r9) as root with -r option, and
still I can't get it to play a monitor-track when recording without
overruns. What's this deal with over/underruns all about? I believe
that GUSPnP should be able to do fullduplex. I have tried different
buffersizes with eca, but nothing seems to help. What seems to be the
problem?

    Are there any plans on having looping inputs in ecasound? What I
mean is for example a drumloop, say 5 seconds long, would play
infinitely until stopped. Wouldn't that be a nice diskspacesaver in
addition to ewf?

-jsh