Re: [ecasound] changing filter cutoff on the fly

Subject: Re: [ecasound] changing filter cutoff on the fly
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv@wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 21:04:21 EEST

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Kali Griffin wrote:

> scenerio 2. My question is how do I change the parameters? does this
> sound right to you:
[...]
> 1) remove the oldchain operator (EFFECT_LOWPASS)
> 2) create a new EFFECT_LOWPASS with the new cutoff
> 3) add that chain operator
> 4) and reconnect the chain

Working with chainops directly doesn't work very well in 1.5.x, so
you should remove the whole chain instead and insert a one.
You can use ECA_PROCESSOR's remove_chain(name) and add_chain(name).
This should work.

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv@wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux audio processing